I feel like I’ve been stuck in a DIY rut for awhile so I am super excited to share this quick and delicious cinnamon chip banana bread recipe with you! Now that the master closet is complete, I am breathing easy and enjoying planning my next home
destruction project (I already know what’s next, I’m just trying to put it off a little longer!); but in the meantime I am full time mom-ming it and keeping the kids happy with this winning recipe!
Whew, that was a long sentence!
I don’t know about you, but my kiddos love fruit so I always stock up and inevitably we end up with bananas that get a bit too ripe to look appealing for little ones. That’s always the perfect excuse to whip up some banana bread!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe banans, mashed
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350* and prepare two 9x5 loaf pans by generously greasing.
- Beat together sugar, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- Using a large spoon, fold in cinnamon chips. Divide batter between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
You know they say that a picture is worth a thousand words? I don’t always feel that that is true, but come on…just look at that yumminess!
Add a big ol’ dollop of butter and it’s basically Heaven on earth! Love those cinnamon swirls!
And in case I haven’t convinced you to whip up a quick batch yet, it takes less than 10 minutes from start to oven with this recipe. The aromas in your house will make your mouth water – guaranteed!